Florida hospital Tampa uses medical virtual reality Surgical Theater to remove pancreatic tumors for the first time. Read this item and more in this week’s Startup Nation newsletter.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Israeli digital health investment grew 30% in 2016
$183 million was invested in the sector in 2016, up 30% from $144 million in 2015, according to Start-Up Nation Central. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- Surgical Theater featured in Bay News 9
- CrediFi featured in Forbes
- Intuition Robotics featured in Bloomberg
Samsung to integrate Israeli tech in bid to spot strokes
South Korean electronics giant signs 5-year licensing deal with MedyMatch to improve CT imaging for head trauma. Read more.
Logistics startup Freightos lands $25 million in funding from GE Ventures
Freightos, a startup that wants to digitize more of the international logistics process, announced today that it has raised a $25 million Series B extension round led by GE Ventures, General Electrics’ venture capital arm. Read more.
Israeli cyber group sets up multi-million-dollar cyber defense center in Latin America
The Israeli Cyber Companies Consortium (IC3), a group of Israeli cyber-security firms set up last year to provide end-to-end cyber solutions at a national level, has won a contract worth “tens of millions of dollars” to set up a national cyber center in a country in Latin America. Read more.
- Analytics platform ControlUp raises $10M (NoCamels)
- Votiro Cybersec raising $7.75M in Australia (Globes)
- Israel at the cutting edge of digital health (part 2) (Times of Israel)
- Israeli- German study shows circular RNA can encode for proteins (Jerusalem Post)
- Israeli startup gets $30 million to build connected car chips as Microsoft and Intel battle for dominance (Geektime)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.