What’s the secret to hi-tech success? Read up on this news item and more below.
Start getting this weekly newsletter via email: Subscribe now
Mobileye acquisition to start Israeli auto-tech boom
Intel could make more acquisitions in Israel, and Check Point and the defense industries are also interested in the sector. Read more.
OurCrowd & Portfolio Companies in the News
- OurCrowd featured in Times of Israel
- Surgical Theater featured in VRFocus
- BioCatch featured in PR Newswire
Hi-tech success is all about ‘disruption,’ experts say
Shaping a successful start-up means not only causing significant creative disruption, but also satisfying a critical need – rather than simply “breaking” something for the sake of breaking it, an industry expert told Tel Aviv innovators. Read more.
China’s tech money heads for Israel as U.S. welcome wanes
Struggling to seal deals in the United States as regulatory scrutiny tightens, Chinese companies looking to invest in promising technology are finding a warmer welcome for their cash in Israel. Read more.
Israeli study finds missing protein may contribute to Alzheimer’s
Ben-Gurion University researchers say high levels of SIRT6 facilitate DNA repair, recommend focus on how to maintain production in the body. Read more.
- The Israelis helping to conquer cancer (Israel21c)
- CyberArk buys US DevOps company Conjur for $42M (Globes)
- Bone regeneration company CartiHeal raises $18.3M (Globes)
- Motorola Solutions Israel developing disaster handling system (Globes)
- This Israeli startup has a battery that can charge an electric car in 5 minutes (The Next Web)
Subscribe for weekly updates about the Startup Nation to your inbox.
See this week’s original newsletter here.